News from NYSED
- State Education Department Names Brockport CSD Elementary School Teacher 2018 New York State Teacher of the YearThe Board of Regents today named Christopher Albrecht the 2018 New York State Teacher of the Year and awarded the 2017 Marge A. Tierney Memorial Scholarship to Simone Sylvester, a... Read more »
- Funding Opportunity: 2017-18 Title I School Improvement Section 1003(a) Reward School Dissemination GrantsSection 1003(a) of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) requires that State Education Agencies allocate funds to Local Education Agencies (LEA) to carry out the State's responsibilities under sections... Read more »
- Board of Regents P-12 Committee Approves Next Generation Learning StandardsThe Board of Regents P-12 Committee today approved New York’s Next Generation Learning Standards for English Language Arts and Mathematics. The State Education Department conducted a collaborative process over two... Read more »
- Board of Regents Approves NY'S Every Student Succeeds Act PlanThe Board of Regents today approved the New York Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) plan, which will be submitted to the United States Education Department (USDE) on September 18 for... Read more »
Blue Sea Education
News from Education Week–On Special Education
- DeVos Says Federal IDEA Mandates 'Piled On,' Don't Match FundingIn an exclusive interview with Education Week, Education Secretary Betsy DeVos said that Congress has not funded the special education law at the level it committed to back when the... Read more »
- Minority Students Still Missing Out on Special Education, New Analysis SaysBlack and Hispanic students otherwise similar to white students in reading are underenrolled in special education, says a study that runs counter to accepted wisdom and federal policy. ... Read more »
- Washington State Taps Paraeducators to Fill Special Education Teacher ShortageA new law creates a streamlined path for instructional aides, who already have deep experience working with students with disabilities, to gain teaching credentials. ... Read more »
- Minority Students Missing Out on Speech and Language Services, Study FindsBlack and Hispanic children are not receiving speech and language therapy at the same rate as similar white peers, which could set them up for academic problems later on, says... Read more »
Currently Hiring for Qualified:
Speech Language Pathologist (Western Nassau County)Blue Sea Educational Consulting has an immediate need for a Speech...LEARN MORE
Speech Language Pathology ConsultantBlue Sea Educational Consulting is looking for a Speech...LEARN MORE
We are always gathering candidates for Speech Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists ...and more!
Event AnnouncementNo new events at this time.
Sign up for future event notifications and Blue Sea Newsletter updates.