News from NYSED
- Funding Opportunity: Title II, Part B Mathematics and Science Partnerships GrantTitle II, Part B of the Elementary, and secondary Education Act (ESEA) legislation authorizes The Mathematics and Science Partnerships (MSP) competitive grant program. The overarching purpose of this grant is... Read more »
- Funding Opportunity: Child Abduction Prevention Education Program GrantTo assist public school districts, school libraries, and School Library Systems to develop or adopt a curriculum and training program designed for K-8 students, parents, teachers, school librarians, and support... Read more »
- Funding Opportunity: My Brother’s Keeper Fellows Program (MBKFP) GrantThe purpose of the Fellows grant is to provide 11th grade high school students, with an emphasis on boys and young men of color, with opportunities to gain authentic leadership... Read more »
Blue Sea Education
News from Education Week–On Special Education
- Education Department Officially Proposes Delay of Special Education Bias RuleAs expected, the Education Department wants to delay by two years a rule requiring states to take a stricter approach for monitoring their districts for minority overrepresention in special education.... Read more »
- Special Education Case That Made It to Supreme Court Enters Final ChapterA U.S. district court judge has found that a Colorado school system is responsible for paying the education costs of a student whose case made it to the high court. ... Read more »
- Boston Resolves Civil Rights Complaint Over Students With Sickle Cell DiseaseThe Boston school district agreed to take a number of steps to ensure that it is identifying children with the genetic disorder and offering the supports they're legally entitled to... Read more »
- Special Education Chiefs to DeVos: Don't Roll Back Minority Disparity RuleThe National Association of State Directors of Special Education said it opposes the Education Department's intent to postpone by two years a rule relating to minority enrollment and discipline. ... Read more »
Currently Hiring for Qualified:
Speech Language Pathologist (Western Nassau County)Blue Sea Educational Consulting has an immediate need for a Speech...LEARN MORE
Speech Language Pathology ConsultantBlue Sea Educational Consulting is looking for a Speech...LEARN MORE
We are always gathering candidates for Speech Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists ...and more!
Event AnnouncementNo new events at this time.
Sign up for future event notifications and Blue Sea Newsletter updates.